Information on Melodic’s open source license and what it inherits from Bootstrap.
Melodic is released under the MIT license and is copyright 2020 Twitter, with portions copyright 2020 Inspire Energy Holdings, LLC. Boiled down to smaller chunks, it can be described with the following conditions.
It requires you to:
It permits you to:
- Freely download and use Melodic, in whole or in part, for personal, private, company internal, or commercial purposes
- Use Melodic in packages or distributions that you create
- Modify the source code
- Grant a sublicense to modify and distribute Melodic to third parties not included in the license
It forbids you to:
- Hold the authors and license owners liable for damages as Melodic is provided without warranty
- Hold the creators or copyright holders of Melodic liable
- Redistribute any piece of Melodic without proper attribution
- Use any marks owned by Inspire or Twitter in any way that might state or imply that Inspire or Twitter endorses your distribution
- Use any marks owned by Inspire or Twitter in any way that might state or imply that you created the Inspire or Twitter software in question
It does not require you to:
- Include the source of Melodic itself, or of any modifications you may have made to it, in any redistribution you may assemble that includes it
- Submit changes that you make to Melodic back to the Melodic project (though such feedback is encouraged)
The full Melodic license is located in the project repository for more information.